Concussions and brain injuries
We are the UK’s leading law on the issue of brain injuries in contact sports. Our expert lawyers are currently representing approximately 500 sportspeople in a series of brain injury claims against governing bodies. We are working with leading chambers and medico-legal experts to secure the best possible outcome for those who are now living with a neurological condition.
Sports contracts and commercial deals
We represent professional athletes on their playing and commercial contracts, whether they are signing for an academy, their first senior team or a new club. We also represent current and retired players to negotiate the best terms in commercial and sponsorship opportunities, maximising their returns and ensuring they are legally protected.
We help current players and coaches with regulatory matters that have been brought by clubs or governing bodies. These include issues relating to doping, on-field misconduct and any other disciplinary matters.
Need consultation or help with a claim?
If you would like to speak to one of our lawyers about a contract, regulatory issue or potential brain injury claim, please complete our short contact form and we will be in touch.
Should we be fortunate enough to work with you, we will dedicate an experienced solicitor to your case full time. Your solicitor will be assisted by various experts, consultants and counsel (as appropriate), including neurologists and medico-legal experts in the case of head injury claims.
You can also find out more about our current concussion claims here.
Get in touch
How we can help
We are a specialist sports law firm providing client-focused advice in three core areas of legal expertise: contracts and commercial deals, concussion and brain injuries, and regulatory disputes.
We represent players and former players in a range of sports, plus the estates of deceased sportsmen.
Our expert team is currently acting on behalf of hundreds of current, former and deceased professional and amateur rugby union, rugby league and football players who are suffering as a result of repeated concussions and sub-concussions.
Read more about our work for clients
We’ve received extensive media coverage for our concussion in sport group action claim:
- BBC: Brain injury legal action: Former amateur rugby union players state case for claim
- The Guardian: 'Matter of life and death': Rugby league brain injuries claim heading for court
- Reuters: Over 150 ex-soccer, rugby players join concussion lawsuit
- Daily Mail: 'Being tackled by a modern-day rugby player is like being hit by a TRUCK': How bone-crunching collisions have exploded as body-building professionals replaces beer-swilling amateurs of old
- ESPN: 475 ex-athletes seek to combine concussion lawsuits
- Sky News: Gavin Henson and Phil Vickery among over 200 ex-rugby stars taking legal action over brain injuries